Animschool Fantasy ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Animschool Fantasy Character Ref + first WIP - Tifenn TERESE

29 Posts
2 Users
14 Reactions
2,452 Views
(@trice3d)
Posts: 30
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

First import in maya no shading for now

1611504962-WIP5_all.png
 
Posted : 24/01/2021 10:16 am
(@trice3d)
Posts: 30
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

First shading / displacement work (no lighting choice still)

1611505010-WIP6_all.png
 
Posted : 24/01/2021 10:16 am
Talha Shamsi reacted
(@trice3d)
Posts: 30
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

some issues with the cape borders, like penetrations. I'm going to fix it soon

1611507180-WIP7_wip_cape.png
 
Posted : 24/01/2021 10:53 am
(@trice3d)
Posts: 30
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

I worked on the cape and fixed lots of little issues, I'm almost done here !

1611921770-WIP11_all.jpg
 
Posted : 29/01/2021 6:02 am
(@trice3d)
Posts: 30
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

My final entry for this Challenge, Hope you guys will like her ๐Ÿ™‚ ! Sadly it is a lower jpeg quality because the upload doesn't work with more than 5Mo .... ๐Ÿ™

ย 

 
Posted : 29/01/2021 6:46 am
Talha Shamsi reacted
(@trice3d)
Posts: 30
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

I don't succeed to upload my final entry actually ... It always make error ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Even here in the WIP I don't know why ๐Ÿ™ย 

 
Posted : 29/01/2021 7:51 am
(@lifelover90)
Posts: 32
Eminent Member
 
Posted by: @trice3d

I don't succeed to upload my final entry actually ... It always make error ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Even here in the WIP I don't know why ๐Ÿ™ย 

Try to compress the image for websites in Photoshop. That way you can control its file size. When you open Photoshop, go File -> Export - Save for Web (Legacy). There you have the outlined settings, including presets that will help you control the file size and its quality for web. I hope that helps.ย 

1611929402-Untitled-1.jpg

Per aspera ad astra!

 
Posted : 29/01/2021 8:10 am
Jesse Draper reacted
(@trice3d)
Posts: 30
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

@lifelover90 thank you for the reply ! I used the same way as you and reduced the image to 1.5 Mo but it didn't work too ... I don't know what to do T_Tย 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Tifenn TERESE
 
Posted : 29/01/2021 10:50 am
(@trice3d)
Posts: 30
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

@lifelover90 thank you It worked I think finally !! It will be visible soon apparently (I really hope) ๐Ÿ™‚

 
Posted : 29/01/2021 10:58 am
(@lifelover90)
Posts: 32
Eminent Member
 
Posted by: @trice3d

@lifelover90 thank you It worked I think finally !! It will be visible soon apparently (I really hope) ๐Ÿ™‚

You are welcome and good luck! You've done an awesome job. ๐Ÿ™‚

Per aspera ad astra!

 
Posted : 29/01/2021 11:32 am
Jesse Draper reacted
(@trice3d)
Posts: 30
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

@lifelover90ย  Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜€ You are really the top one of the novice category for me!ย 

 
Posted : 29/01/2021 4:30 pm
(@trice3d)
Posts: 30
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

Here my final character in a close view

1611959915-WIP13_end_vue2.jpg
 
Posted : 29/01/2021 4:38 pm
(@trice3d)
Posts: 30
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

And the final image for the challenge finally upload ๐Ÿ™‚

1611959975-princessOfTheDead_low.jpg
 
Posted : 29/01/2021 4:39 pm
(@trice3d)
Posts: 30
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

Resume of each step of my work on this chara :
I first did a block in Zbrush in T-pose as most did, and progressively add each part. I exported soon a version of the body to work in Marvelous Designer and create the cape with hood, dress and belt. Then Worked again a long time in Zbrush finally having all the elements. Then I cleaned every parts, uvs and topology, and I started making the pose. I imported the character in Maya early to try little things with the shading in Arnold. It permits me to consider some issues quickly. Then finally when I got all the models done, I worked on the maps and displacement, solving each problem after another and trying my best to keep a clean scene and fast render. After a lot of goings and comings, I used five lights to enrich my character silhouette and be the closest to the concept of Dave Guertin as possible (who did an amazing job with his art). My final step consisted of post-producing this image in Nuke and tweak each element again. Here we are!
I really hope you liked my "princess of the dead" look, and at least it really gave me the opportunity to practice my skills ๐Ÿ™‚ ! Have a wonderful day!

 
Posted : 29/01/2021 5:00 pm
Talha Shamsi reacted
Page 2 / 2
Share: